Welcome to Worplesdon Garden Club
Worplesdon Garden Club is a friendly and enthusiastic club which meets every second Tuesday of the month from 8-10pm via Zoom (
at Emmanuel Parish Centre, Stoughton, Guildford, GU2 9SJ).
We have a full schedule of speakers throughout the year, educating and entertaining us on a diverse mix of Horticultural and Natural History topics. Their talks and slide shows are interspersed with refreshments and the evening provides plenty of opportunities to socialise and browse the plants on the plant stall.
The Club also has a range of social events throughout the year including Garden Visits, Lunches, Coach Trips, Barbeques, and Horticultural Shows.
Visitors and new members are always guaranteed a warm welcome.
See What's New on the Website...
- Members' Gardens Visits postponed to 2nd August
- July Club Meeting - A talk by Sue Jeffries (Live by Zoom) on Courtyards and Container Gardening
- The new WGC Blog with articles on 'Monty's Hoops' plant supports and 'Box Tree Caterpillar'
- The July Potting Shed Page and July Newsletter
- Photographs from the Joyous June Club Meeting and the Unseen June photographs
- Planting of the tubs and beds at Worplesdon Station
- Photographs from the Magnificent May Club Meeting
There will be no Club meetings at Emmanuel Church from April. We hope to re-schedule the speakers to 2021, and will continue to monitor and revise the 2020 Club Programme accordingly. However, we will continue to have monthly meetings via Zoom.
The June Zoom Meeting was a combination of another Show and Tell of what plants in Members' gardens are lifting our spirits and giving us some joy at the moment, interspersed with a recorded talk on Exbury Gardens in Hampshire. Photos from the evening and the link to the Exbury Gardens talk are on the 'Joyous June' page. Some extra photographs that were not shown at the meeting can be seen on the 'Unseen June' page.
The July Meeting will a live Zoom Presentation by professional horticulturalist Sue Jeffries from Lancashire on Courtyards and Container Gardening. Connection details for the Zoom meeting has been sent to Members with their July Newsletter.
We have had to make some additional changes to our proposed Programme for 2020 to protect ourselves and our communities.
- Members’ Gardens Day (
5th July) - Moved to Sunday 2nd August
- Mel and Gill’s Barbeque (
11th July) - This has been cancelled but will be something to look forward to next year in 2021
- July Club Meeting (14th July) - This will be a live speaker presentation via Zoom by Sue Jeffries on 'Courtyards and Container Gardening'
- Members’ Gardens Day (2nd August) - rescheduled from July
- Summer Show (11th August) - This will hopefully take place at Fairlands Community Centre as planned, but will convert to a Virtual Show if necessary
- Coach Trip (
5th September) - This has been postponed to September 2021. We will try to organise a local visit that can be undertaken by own transport to have something to look forward to at the end of the Summer